After years of planning and organizing, with many more years of building to come, the East Palo Alto Community Archive was formally revealed to the public on Saturday, October 22nd at “Celebrating Us — The Opening of a Community Archive.” We were hosted by our partners at Bloomhouse for a day of uplifting our city and its beloved inhabitants along with showcasing our brand new website. Here’s a recording of our live stream for those of you who weren’t able to be in attendance.
That day was full of informative and inspirational programming, we:
- Provided a walkthrough of the archive website that displayed what the community now has access to and how they can contribute
- Recognized our archive pioneers – neighbors who helped bring our archive to life
- Premiered the documentary “Small But Mighty: The Story of East Palo Alto”
- Showcased artifacts, video profiles, and photographs of the city’s history in the exhibition “Changemaking in EPA: Past, Present, & Future”
- Celebrated the archive’s birthday with a beautiful cake and food
A huge thank you to our community team, Bloomhouse, Idea2Form, and all of you for being in attendance and helping to bring this all together. We hope you use our new site to its full potential and to see you at the next East Palo Alto Community Archive event.
Check out a gallery of photos from the event: